Who wants to win a puppy?!?!? A cute, snuggly, kissy, happy, puppy. I don’t actually have a puppy for you to win but it just seemed like a really fun way to start a blog post. Puppies make everything better. Not that these granola bars to be improved upon, they were delicious just the way they are. My Auntie Brenda, yes “Auntie Brenda” is her full and correct name, made these a week or so ago and posted the link on her facebook page. I was immediately drawn to the “no-bake” feature of these bars and they are everything I hoped they would be. Sure, I might try some different variations in the next couple rounds. Maybe a little less sugar, maybe add some craisins, maybe eat the hot mixture straight out of the bowl instead of letting them set into bars. I’m wild.
Combine quick oats and rice krispies in a large bowl.
Combine peanut butter (wouldn’t some nutella be fun here to?!), honey, butter, and brown sugar in a small sauce pan. Heat and stir until all the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in some vanilla.
Pour the peanut butter mixture over the oats and rice krispies and stir until evenly coated. Press into a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Let sit until completely cool before cutting into bars. Store in an airtight container at room temp.
No-bake Granola Bars
Recipe slightly adapted from penniesandpancakes
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups Quick Oats (not rolled oats)
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, stir crispy rice cereal, quick oats together.
- In a medium saucepan, combine honey, butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then bring the temperature down to low, and simmer till sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Pour in vanilla and stir.
- Pour the hot mixture over dry ingredients. Stir until all ingredients are moistened. Press into a parchment-lined jelly roll pan.